Careers at Klarian
At Klarian we have ambitious goals and a dedicated team working to solve some of the most complex challenges in industry.
We are a pipeline monitoring company committed to reducing the environmental impacts of industry, increasing safety and accountability, while reducing cost and process interruptions.
Our sophisticated data analysis means we combine historical and real-time data to optimise your future performance.
At Klarian, we all share a core set of cultural values. We are:
Inclusivity, togetherness, and respect.
Transparency, honesty, and integrity.
Principled, caring, and strong-willed.
Tenacious, agile, and innovative.
We are in the energy business where our fundamental role is to protect precious commodities and vital resources. Our four cultural values have an energising spirit at their core that we aspire to deliver through every part of our business.
Working Pattern: Hybrid working available
Salary: £40-£55,000 Full-Time salary
About the job
This role focuses on the prototyping and developing of new systems-modelling and data analysis capabilities.
You will be a crucial member of Klarian's multi-disciplinary team and will lean towards the innovation and discovery stages of Klarian's product pipeline. You will act as a subject-matter expert, with good communication and collaboration skills to assist the wider team. A desire to learn broadly, and independently break down and solve a wide variety of technical, data and, real-world modelling challenges is essential.
Suitable candidates will have a background in physics or engineering augmented with programming capabilities to enable them to build mathematical models and analysis tooling to support future product development.
- Assist with building and maintaining modelling and analysis libraries, from prototype to product. Ensure they are robust and meet the needs of our analysis platform.
- Work on one-off discovery / consultancy style projects, which may involve independent international travel.
- Help generate and document new ideas and be a subject matter expert that others can rely on to help understand and solve complex problems.
- 3+ yrs experience in an analytics / physics-based modelling role
- Background (including degree) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science.
- Creative technical problem solver.
- Programming experience.
- Solid foundation in statistics and mathematics.
- Ability and willingness to continually learn new skills and technologies as needed.
- A good communicator, able to write clear and comprehensive reports and documentation.
- Ability to work independently but collaborate and disseminate knowledge when required.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics.
- Knowledge of vibrations and frequency analysis.
- Understanding of machine learning and data mining.
- Understanding of industrial SCADA and control systems.
- Confident and clear technical presenter.
- Annual salary range up to £55k depending on applicant suitability and experience.
- Flexible working schedule between 7am and 7pm, and great autonomy. Output not hours.
- Relaxed Friday afternoons. If all pressing work is completed by 2pm, no need to start another task.
- Hybrid working from our Exeter office. The successful applicant will be expected to attend the office periodically, and upon request. Frequency of attendance is flexible, and determined by company and team needs.
To apply, email your CV and a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about making a real impact on the future of industry? If you think you'd be a perfect fit for Klarian, we want to hear from you.
We're always looking for talented people to join our team. Send across your CV to email@example.com and we'll keep you in mind for any future opportunities.